John serves as a strategic adviser to CPAs and the CPA profession in all aspects of leveraging technology. He has authored and presented CPE programs for thousands of CPAs for more than 25 years on technology and practice management issues. John is a pioneer in the development and delivery of web based CPE programs. He has presented “live” web CPE events for groups as large as 600+ participants, as well as many small groups. John assisted the Michigan Association of CPAs as an adviser in the development of their web based CPE model.
John’s primary qualification is his passion for helping CPAs achieve greater success by leveraging technology. He has extensive knowledge and experience working with CPAs throughout the country. John resides in Rochester, Michigan with his wife Karen and their two children.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Actively involved in working with local, regional and national CPA firms for more than 25 years.
- Facilitated hundreds of planning sessions and retreats to develop strategic plans, technology plans, paperless work flow design, innovative client services and more.
- Nationally recognized speaker and author on technology issues impacting the CPA profession.
- Monthly host of Document Management to Go (DMS2Go) pod cast sponsored by CPA Technology magazine.
- Former national consulting partner with a top 10 CPA firm.
- Former CEO of technology training & consulting firm.
- Member of the AICPA Business & Industry Hall of Fame.
- Past Chair of the Michigan Association of CPAs.
- Past member of the AICPA Council and CPE Advisory Committee.
- MACPA Innovative User of Technology award.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Thought Leader in the Profession by the CPA Practice Advisor Magazine.
The bottom line . . . John is dedicated to helping you achieve success!